I love books. I love the smell of them, the way they rasp against my fingers in the dry of winter air, the way they feel as I bend their pages back. My house is full of handmade bookshelves that my dad has crafted just for me.
Now, my bookshelves are full, and I’m trying to live into the principle of God’s Whisper that says we use what we need and give what we can away.
So today, I’m giving you the opportunity to “win” 19 books from my collection. Most of these I have not yet read, but I will read them – probably on loan from the library – in time. They are, however, books I have gathered to me because of recommendations and a genuine interest in what they have to say. I hope you’ll find something here that intrigues you.
Here’s how this works. You can name up to three of the titles below that you would like to receive, and I will pick who receives each title using a random number generator and announce the winners tomorrow morning here and on Facebook. The only things you have to do to be eligible are to tell me the titles you’d like to read and tell me who you will receive one of your books or a book gift certificate from you. You can name a friend (first name only please) or an organization like a library. That’s it – just tell me what you want and who you will share with. Then, you’re “in.”
Let’s get started.
- About a Boy by Nick Hornby
- Bound by Antonya Nelson (ARC)
- Then Came The End by Joshua Ferris
- The Terror of Living by Urban Waite
- River Horse: A Voyage Across America by William Least Heat-Moon
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Birthday Pie by Arthur Wooten
- Visions of a Wild America with John Muir, Rachel Carson, Edward Abbey, and others
- The Baron in the Trees by Italo Calvino
- In a Country of Mothers by A. M Homes
- Bee Season by Myla Goldberg
- Round Mountain by Castle Freeman, Jr.
- We Need To Talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver
- Affinity by Sarah Waters
- Affliction by Russell Banks
- Little Bee by Chris Cleave
- The House of Spirits by Isabelle Allenda
- Banana Kiss by Bonnie Rozanski
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
That’s it. Start commenting with the titles you’d like and who will receive a free book from you. Comments close at 7am Eastern on Monday, January 28th.
Feel free to tell friends . . . I’d love to see tons of books flying around the world out of our shared love for great writing.
What books would you like? Who will get a book from you?Buffer